blogging

WEEKLY FAVORITE #002

12:41



Song of the week: One of my favorite serials is The originals and every episode always has incredible soundtrack. So this is the song that I can´t stop listening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGi37Q1JG8Q

Thought of the week:  little bit longer story
I´ve been thinking about this one thing for last few days. It´s already a season of exams so I have to spend o lot of time studying.
Because of that I could watch on my classmates how negative attitude and thoughts cause high stress level and make it impossible to learn something and pass the exam. Because I live in a dormitory, willingly or unwillingly, I was studying with my roommates and we chose different strategy. While studying we were laughing a lot, singing, watching videos and so on. We were keeping a good mood and it made studying much easier. Also before the exam we were singing a song Queen - We are the champions, to encourage ourselves that we can do it, instead of meaningless stressing. And it really worked. We passed the exams.
Then I came home. Sitting alone in a big room, hormonal changes in my body, changes in personal life and overthinking caused that suddenly nothing made sense to me. I couldn´t concentrate, cheer myself and I had to prepare for the exam. It was impossible. I´ve read and rewritten it all and maybe learnt something but I felt it lead nowhere. So I took a new book I bought, called Eckart von Hirschhausen-Luck rarely comes alone , and after reading few pages, boom, there it was. Something I needed to realize so much.
The thing is that when you experience something better than you expected, neurons in your midbrain, that produce dopamine, will fire and activate neurons in the nucleus accumbens that produce proteins with similar effect as opium or endorphins has. These proteins are leached in the forebrain and cause that we are having fun. In addition, the forebrain and working memory work better, and we can understand and learn things much easier.
So this is the answer to my unasked question. 
Long story short: do not expect so much, experience new things and laugh more to remember more. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments